FamilyInstructor (“FI”, “we”, “us”, “our”) manage this website and are committed to keeping visitor’s privacy and security safe. Our publishers are also extremely sensitive about our contents and images, especially regarding how the information affects our audience. This privacy statement informs you about types of information that collected from you, how it is collected and how it. The measures adopted to protect the security of the information and how you can contact this website regarding our privacy practices are also described.
You may receive the notice through any means, including publishing the updates on this website. By using FamilyInstructor after the policy revision and publication on this website, we deem that you have accepted the revision.
Regarding material changes, concerning users below the age of 13, this statement will be modified and parents and guardians notified to allow the prior verifiable consent.
Information We Collect from You
“FI” website may collect personal information from you, including your IP address, browser and network. When you comment on this website, you are asked to provide personal information used to identify you – directly or indirectly, including your name and email address. We may also request your website (if any).
Our website may contain blogs and comment sections where form entry is permitted. When using our comment form, we highly recommend that you do not post personal information. Note that your email address, entered in the email address field of the comment form, is only visible to this website. But if you publish personal information in the comment box, such personal information is posted publicly for others to see. However, where we consider your information sensitive, we will moderate and remove your information from public view.
Our website also collects anonymous information from your computer or device, including type of browser, operating system, referring pages, pages visited, time spent on a particular page and IP address. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you use the World Wide Web.
How We Collect Your Information
This website collects personal information and anonymized information in many ways.
We collect your information when you interact with this website by filling out a form such as commenting on our well-researched articles.
We use technologies like cookies, web beacons and server logs to collect anonymous information from you. What is a cookie? A cookie refers to a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. You may be informed by your browser on how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of the Website. We recommend visiting www.allAboutCookies.org for more information regarding deleting or controlling the cookies we recommend. Kindly note that while browsing our website, you may get cookies from our advertisers or sponsors. We do not control these cookies. Moreover, cookies usage is common in the Internet industry.
Moreover, our website may use single pixels images, web beacons and similar technology to:
- Track your usage of this Website.
- Track response rates to certain activities and promotions within this website and in marketing campaigns.
- Identify certain information, including how and when you accessed the website, such as type of browser, operating system, domain names, IP addresses, network provider, etc.
How We Use Your Information
“FI” and its affiliates may use your information described above to:
- Improve our legitimate business purposes, including marketing our goods and services to you, where we have your permission to do so.
- Process your purchase transaction (if applicable).
- Communicate with you and respond to your inquiries.
- Evaluate and improve our business, including creating new products and services; enhancing and improving our products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products, services, and communications; and performing accounting, auditing, etc.).
- Protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and any criminal activity and claims and other liabilities.
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, and other policies.
Additionally, we may use information collected through automated means (cookies and/or similar technologies) for the purposes including:
- customize your visit to our site.
- Analyze the manner in which you interact with our site.
- Manage our website and other aspects of our business.
The information also helps us to diagnose technical and service problems, administer our website and identify our users.
We may use the information collected in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
The anonymous information we track with cookies is not used to identify, or lead us back to any particular visitor. Our visitors may have the option to disable cookies via their browser preferences (most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies). Note that cookies make our website easier for you to use because they save your preferences while you are visiting our sites, Note that this website currently does not request passwords, so we do not save passwords in cookies, except for the administrators of this website. Cookies this website to know to areas are your favorites, which areas we can improve, and what technologies and Internet services our visitors are use. When we know this information, we can improve the online experience for the website visitors.
“FI” may use third party vendors who supply applications, web hosting and other technologies for this Website that may have access to your personal information and anonymous information. However, they are prohibited from using such information for any other purpose except to provide services related to with this website, such as keeping this website published on the internet.
We will not share any personal information about you with any third party, except as otherwise stated in this Privacy Statement and in the following circumstances:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders or legal process, to the extent permitted and as restricted by law.
- When disclosure is required to maintain the security and integrity of this website, or to protect our users’ security or the security of other persons, consistent with applicable laws.
- When disclosure is directed or consented to by the registered member who inputted the personal information.
- In the event that the administration of FamilyInstructor or any of its subdivisions goes through a business transition, such as a merger, divestiture, acquisition, liquidation or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personal information may be part of the assets transferred.
- In limited circumstances, FamilyInstructor may disclose your email address in order to comply with laws and regulations, including the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act (CAN-SPAM of 2003).
Currently, this website is not designed for user registration. So, we will not request your email address, except when you use the comment form. However, third party websites that you visit from our website may request registration and we are not responsible for your data there.
Moreover, by providing us with your email address through social media or newsletter sign-up, you consent to receive such communications from us. If you receive marketing or promotional e-mails from us that you would rather not receive, simply click the “unsubscribe” instructions included in each message.
Do Not Track
About Our Advertisers:
“FI” allows third parties advertising. We do not control the linking practices of advertisers or sponsors and do not monitor or claim responsibility for any content or privacy practices of such websites.
Our ad partners and our affiliate links partners collect personal data from you for the purposes they disclose through our cookie consent management.
• Ad partners include ad networks such as third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms.
• Affiliate links partners pay us when you buy things from them or another third party after clicking an affiliate link in our content.
We may offer contests, sweepstakes, and promotions that are sponsored by third-party advertisers or sponsors. Note that these third parties may obtain personal information that visitors submit voluntarily to participate in the activity. Again, we do not control third parties’ use of information.
Our website may use advertising servers developed by third parties to display ads on this website. Kindly note that some ads may contain cookies set by third parties (advertisers, sponsors, etc.) and may use anonymous information, including your requested name, address, email address, telephone number, about your visits to this and other sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. We do not have access to these cookies or any information that they transmit. Our privacy statement does not cover the use of information that a third-party ad server may have obtained from you.
a. Google AdSense
For more information on ad serving, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ad-serving/. If you are interested in knowing your choices about not having information used by these third parties, we recommend going to
b. Amazon Affiliate
For more information on Amazon affiliate, please visit https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/help/operating/agreement.
A Notice About External Links
Sometimes, you will find links from FamilyInstructor owned, and/or managed by websites whose content we believe are of possible interest and value to our visitors. You’ll see links from advertisers, sponsors, and other partners who may use a FI owned logo as part of a co-branding agreement.
Most of the time, these links represent cooperative projects or mutual links established with the various organizations linked with these sites. However, we do not control the content of these links. These other sites may send you their cookies, collect data, or solicit personal information. Although we identify sponsor and advertiser areas of our websites, we do not control these cookies or the content of these third parties.
Fi has partnered with other companies to provide certain services. In some cases, you may see a FI owned logo on another company’s site. FI does not share any of your personal information with these partners and they do not share any information with us.
This website has security measures that protects against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We encrypt all transmission of sensitive data and secure all of our repositories of data. Understand that we cannot guarantee perfect security.
Individuals Located in the European Union: Your Rights and Choices
If you reside in the European Union or provide personal information through this website while located in the European Union, the statement below provides additional information affecting your rights and choices.
If you reside in the European Union or provide personal information through this website while in the European Union, we offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information that we collect from you.
Our European Union users may have the right under certain circumstances:
- To be obtain a copy of your information held by us.
- To request the rectification or erasure of your information held by us.
- To request that we stop processing your information.
- To request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- To request that your data be transferred to a third party.
You are free to exercise the rights listed above at any time. Simply contact us via the Contact page of this website. When we receive your request, we will apply your preferences going forward. Also, you agree that if you exercise the rights listed above (except to receive a copy of your personal information), you may no longer and will no longer access the website, and we will no longer provide any services associated with our website (if any).
However, if we do not resolve your request satisfactorily, you may approach your local data protection authority to locate your data protection authority. We recommend that you see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html.
Residents of California: Your Rights and Choices
Regarding information about the categories of sources we obtain personal information, or for additional details about the specific types of personal information we collect, kindly refer to the “Information We Collect From You” section of this privacy statement. For information about our purpose(s) for collecting, or possibly sharing your personal information, kindly refer to the “How We Use Your Information” section of this privacy statement.
“FI” may have collected the following categories of personal information in the past 12 months:
- Identity information such as contact information, name, email, or IP address.
- Device, usage and internet or other electronic network activity information such as information about your device type or browser settings.
- Geolocation data.
- Inferences about your preferences and interests from data we collect in order to provide and personalize our services and offers we and our partners provide to you.
For business or commercial purposes, our website discloses the following types of personal information with third parties:
- Internet activity
- Geolocation data
Additionally, we may collect, use and disclose your information as required or permitted by applicable law, or as directed by you, in accordance with this policy statement.
We do not knowingly sell personal information that we collect from you, in accordance with the definition of ‘sell’ in the CCPA.
California law grants certain rights to California consumers. These include the following rights:
- Access specific pieces of personal information.
- Know how we process and share personal information.
- Request deletion of personal information.
- Opt out of ‘sales’, as defined under California law.
- Not to be denied goods or services for exercising these rights.
Cross-Border Transfer of Data
Your personal information shall only be used in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement.
Common ID Cookie
Advertising Privacy Settings
FOR EU USERS: When you use our website, pre-selected companies may access and use certain information on your device and about your interests to serve ads or personalized content. You may change consent-choices at any time.
How to Contact FamilyInstructor
Do you have questions or concerns about our privacy statement or your dealings with our website? Would you like us to update information that we have about you or your preferences or consents?
E-mail us at: Contact@familyinstructor.com